Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lots Happening!

Last week was a week of wheeeeeee! Monday night our oldest daughter, Katie Lea, went to Walmart at 10:30 p.m. in the midst of a torrential thunderstorm and inadvertently turned into a drainage ditch instead of the entrance to Walmart. Hey, in Abilene during a thunderstorm, they look about the same. A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's 1001 words...

We are thankful she and Caroline (our youngest) thought it was a good idea to turn off her engine immediately and that her car is repairable. We're also thankful that both our girls are okay.

Last week also ended the two plus years I've had Journey's Inn, our B & B. It was a great ride and I'm so thankful for all the people I got to know. I'm also thankful that God gave me the chance to try something outside my realm of possibilities and to succeed. But for now, we'll be renting this cute little guest house to a young couple who are transitioning and preparing to move to Chile as missionaries. It will be a blessing to them and they'll be a blessing to us. Onward and upward!

Our youngest daughter, Caroline, returned from China a couple of weeks ago after a business internship. She had such a rich time and came back even more open to the possibilities of God.

Katie Lea is preparing to go to UT (Texas) the beginning of August to get her master's degree in Advertising. This should go well with her undergrad degree in Graphic Design. She's enjoyed getting things ready for her apartment. She even recovered a couch. Pretty fantastic looking. She turned a traditional sofa into a modern looking sofa. Amazing.

Our son, Serge, is busy preparing for his wedding. His fiance, Esperance, will be a beautiful bride and wife. I'm so thankful they found each other. Their marriage will be one that will honor God. We will add another daughter! Katie Lea, Caroline and I get to wear Imishananas for the wedding. Apparently in Rwandan culture, the more curves you have, the more beautiful you are. That's great. I'll be STUNNING! :)

Add Image
Last week I also changed studios. This one is much more spacious and faces south. No more west sun in the afternoons. I also have a view of the pigeons. Some would say pigeons are like rats. What if they are the rats of the bird genre...they're still birds. I took this photo sitting at my desk. This is Violet.
I will post pictures of the studio soon. Until then, let's focus on our blessings instead of hardships and realize they are often one and the same.

Lila

No comments: