Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I'm Beginning to Feel More Like Me



Boy, December was a blue blurrrrrrrr.......

We jumped from Thanksgiving into Five Days of Celebration to celebrate five years at our retirement community with five huge days of celebration. We came to call it five days of chaos while others called it five days of he**.

After that my husband and I went to see our families in Alabama and then to have a vacation. I'm not really sure what I was thinking. I had way too much to do to vacation. I had to "do Christmas!"

When we returned, six days before Christmas the question on everyone's lips was, "So are you ready for Christmas?" NO! I wasn't ready. I couldn't do any Christmas shopping when we were on vacation since we were flying and couldn't carry a lot of stuff. I couldn't really Christmas shop when we returned because, Hello, I'd been on vacation and had to work.

So, I slid into Christmas this year in a sloppy, haphazard, unorganized way. And do you know what? It still came. It was still a blessing. Our family still enjoyed being together. Our children much preferred money to gifts.

But today I've been able to just think, blog, rest my soul and ponder what if anything I'd do differently next year.

I think next year we'll still see family, but the vacation? Maybe a little less time away and a little more time at home...sweet...home.

Being,
Lila

No comments: