Sunday, December 27, 2009

White Christmas

We had a white Christmas! I think this was the first time that has ever happened for me. I remember one Christmas we had snow flurries in Birmingham, Alabama and that was pretty exciting, but we really had a white one this year.

On Christmas Eve Eve we watched White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. Maybe we'll watch that again next year.

I had such fun taking photos around our neighborhood. The picture below is of our house.


This is a house down the street. Can't you just smell a crackling fire and hot chocolate?

This gorgeous house should be on Hallmark cards. I've always loved this house, but with snow, it's pure magic!


Caroline and I drove around our neighborhood snapping pickies. She suggested this shot. It's a good one. She always claims that Katie Lea and I are the artistic, creative ones, but that gal has an eye for composition and color. It was good to encourage her in her own creative journey.


This is the Church of Heavenly Rest, an Episcopal church in my neighborhood. I love this church. We've gone to Christmas Eve services here before. It's so stately and beautiful.
The icicles glittered like antique chandeliers.


This is a photo I took of our back yard and used in my blog header. I like the Andy Warhol look to this one.
I took this photo of Mary covered in sparkling snow. She's in our back yard. I got her at a garage sale for $5.00 because her nose was chipped off and her head had been concreted back on. She needed some love.


Isn't this red door just wonderful? I want to see what is on the other side of that beautiful red door. It is found at the Church of Heavenly Rest.
I have always loved this house. It's at about 7th and Amarillo. I think it is even an apartment but how gorgeous it is in the snow!

A simple rock wall can go unnoticed until the magic fairy dust we call snow blankets it.

Life is Beauty Full,
Lila

2 comments:

Trish said...

wow! Those pictures are really neat! Thanks for sharing. The Episcopal church was quite lovely, but so were all of them. Mucho impressed!

Tracy said...

Beautiful pictures! It snowed Christmas morning here too! It didn't stick...but it was so beautiful and just adds to the magic of Christmas...