Sunday, October 5, 2008

Movie Reviews

This weekend getaway with my honey afforded us the opportunity to watch 3 movies together. I watched one alone as well.
The Visitor - I loved this movie. Vann did as well. It's a wonderful story about a very lonely man who allows two immigrants (then later another immigrant) into his heart. Very poignant. I highly recommend this one. Expertly acted. No actors I was familiar with.

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist - I give this one a thumb's down, but Vann liked it more than me. It's a shame that all of these movies have teens having sex all the time these days. I found it a bit depressing and even more disturbing that many 13 - 20 year olds will watch it and think it must be the norm. Michael Cera and Kat Dennings star. You really pull for Nick and Nora. They are lovable characters.
Made of Honor - This was the chick flick I watched alone. Same story retold countless times. Good friends and then once she is engaged, he realizes she is the one for him. Patrick Duffey and Michelle Monaghan star. Parts of the movie take place in Scotland and I think this castle is actually in the movie. Pretty scenery.


Fireproof - A must see for all married couples. By the same director/producer as Facing the Giants. Same strengths and weaknesses as FTG movie. Some of the acting is pretty weak but the story and message is extremely powerful. The lead actor, Kirk Cameron, is very good, though.

Gearing up for real life,
Lila

No comments: