Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunny Side Up

I'm not sure exactly what got me thinking about this today, but think about it I have.

I'm thankful to have had a really loving daddy. My daddy died about 4 1/2 years ago but will forever be in my heart. When I was a little girl, I'd wake up early on Saturday mornings and go into the kitchen with him. "We'd" cook sunny side up eggs and toast and enjoy that together, just the two of us.

It was during those rich mornings that we'd talk about whatever was important to me. I remember one morning in particular I was asking Daddy about God. I asked him what God could do. He assured me that God could do anything at all! I thought that was pretty impressive, so I pressed on and asked him if God could cook (since we were cooking sunny side up eggs at the time). Daddy (Diddy as I called him) assured me that God could indeed cook or do anything else. He told me that God only did good things, though.

I'm thankful that my Diddy taught me that God could do anything. That was the greatest gift he could ever have given me. Thank you, Diddy.

Your favorite daughter,
Lila (Susan)

3 comments:

AbbieCRAZY said...

Pardon. But where is the 64 blog? Have you run out of stories?

Tammy M. said...

love to have you in Bible class. Campus room 5:30 every Sunday.

Susan said...

I think my 64 blog was targeted as a spam blog? I think it's been deleted. I'll get another one up and going before long, Denise.