Tag! I'm it? I've been tagged by Suzanne at Lily of the Valley to list six random things about me. O.K. here goes.
1. I have a very real phobia of snakes. Little snakes, big snakes, poisonous snakes, helpful snakes, non-poisonous snakes. When I was a teenager, I was riding my bike to a neighbor's house and a 6" (that's six INCHES) ring neck snake was in the road. I could have easily run over him, run around him, stepped on him or any number of other things. What did I do? I turned my bike around and went home.
Also, my mom was bitten by a copperhead snake when I was in the 4th grade. He struck at her 3 times and she thought she had been bitten. I believe an angel put their hand down and didn't allow the fangs to break the skin. I really believed she was going to die then. Snakes. Terrified.
2. I was very involved in Campus Life Youth for Christ when I was a teenager. I was an intern with them one year and decided I wanted to be a youth minister. By the time I graduated from college, I found it was better for my husband to be to be the youth minister. I became a Social Worker.
3. When I was 4 years old I went over to our piano and picked out the tune to "Little Drummer Boy." My mom thought I was a child pianist prodigy. She asked me as I'm playing the little tune if I wanted to take ballet lessons or piano. Duh. I figured I'd already mastered the piano so I told her I'd like to take ballet. She picked up the phone and called the piano teacher in the neighborhood and I took piano lessons for 10 1/2 years. sigh.
4. When I was 15 years old I was working in a department store called Pizitz in Birmingham, Alabama. The staff at the store was all abuzz as they told me that Andy Warhol was coming to our store for a book signing. I said, "Andy Who?" I met Mr. Warhol and thought he was an unusual man. Our oldest daughter, Katie Lea, a graphic artist, can't believe I met him and didn't know what a great experience I was having at the time.
5. I don't like water on my face and I don't like to open eyes underwater. Never have. Probably never will.
6. I can balance a peacock feather on my hand. But then, I'll bet you can, too. You just don't realize you can do it. (This one doesn't really count since you can do it, too.)
The real 6. About 10 years ago I dabbled in being a watercolor artist. I'd still like to do some of that, but I'd like to try acrylics. Anyone want to take an art class with me?
O.K. There are six random things about me.
Denise at Not So Deep Thoughts by Denise.
Anne at Everything Under the Son
Tammy at In the Grip of Grace
Sarah at The Cleft of the Rock
Have fun with it!