Friday, September 12, 2008

The Power of "Thank You"


Yesterday's news about Vann's sister's home was devastating. But this morning as I was getting ready for work a gift from God came.

God helped me recall something that happened yesterday. One of our residents came to see me with some more bad news about their son's health. He asked that I pray with he and his wife. While this resident and I prayed for healing for his son, his wife simply prayed, "Thank you."

Thank you, Father, for the reminder. Peace is all about being thankful. Thank you that Andrea and Greg are safe and unharmed. Thank you that they have cars that can get them where they need to be. Thank you that they have friends and each other.

Thank you for the reminder to be thankful.

Peace out,
Lila

2 comments:

Michele said...

Hi Lila...thank you so much for coming and visit me. You can definitely take anything that I have on my blog and use it..no problem at all. Those hot flashes, yikes, they're killers!

I'm sorry about your mom...alzheimer's is so horrible. It seems to rob them of their whole being. It's so sad.

Take care and have a great weekend!
I added you to my favorites, so I'll be back to visit!

Hugz,
Michele

Sarah said...

The Lord is really trying to teach me to be grateful in the middle of little annoyances right now: expensive car repairs, schedules interrupted, minor problems such as that. It totally changes your mindset as to how big of a problem it is or isn't! No doubt,Vann's family is in such a bad situation, but I'm thankful they have YOU and Vann to pray and take care of them!