I love a labyrinth as it is not a maze that can confuse and frustrate you. In a maze there are many different paths. In a labyrinth, there is one way.
I've wanted to walk the new labyrinth at ACU (Abilene Christian University) and got a chance this morning. It's a lovely area close to the lake and fountain. They've done a wonderful job of landscaping the grounds with vibrant tulip trees and great west Texas grasses. The labyrinth itself is engraved in thought provoking words along the path...endurance, patience, devotion, etc.
I almost didn't go this morning though I had planned it. The wind has been ferocious today. I imagined a sinus headache that wouldn't go away until next Wednesday if I went. The headache didn't happen, but clarity and insight crawled up my legs and worked their way into my head and my heart as I was journeying the labyrinth.
Some takeaways from this morning...
- AS YOU THINK YOU ARE ABOUT TO GO LEFT, YOU GO RIGHT.
- Life is unpredictable as hard as we try to make it predictable.
- TRUST THE JOURNEY.
- You may not see how you are going or have the "big picture" but if you just follow the path, you will get there.
- "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
- Stop trying to figure it out. Just know you'll have more understanding of whatever when and if you are supposed to.
Results of labyrinth . . clarity and peace.
The winds whipped, but my spirit calmed in the midst of the battering wind. My wish for you this day is