Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just Call Me Grace

Vann and I have a million funny stories about our dating experiences. Most of them involve my clumsy nature and his taking care of me.

Well, a couple of days ago I was working up in Blue Heaven. The ceiling in this room is slanted because it is an attic room. Well, I stood up from my desk and WHAP knocked myself silly. The front part of my head is still sore!

Then yesterday, I just walked into a door frame. I'm sure I'll have a long, lean bruise from my shoulder to my elbow.

Today's experience took the cake, however. I'm still not laughing about this one. Vann and I were moving an entertainment center out of the inn. We had just placed a different one in there. I was backing up around our big rocks around our waterfall and slipped and hit my tooshie on one rock and the back of my head on another rock all the while the entertainment center is landing on top of me. Talk about a lightning jolt!

Well, you know how heads bleed and bleed it did. We went to the walk in clinic that was supposed to close at 9 p.m. (It was 8:55) and most of the lights were out, the door was locked and Vann saw someone in there who saw him and they backed away and turned out more lights. Hey folks, not like my head is bleeding or anything! urgh.

I've just kept an ice compress on it and I'm fine. I think I'm going to be a bit sore, though. I'm thankful it was no worse than it was. And to think...I wanted to be a ballerina. : } Guess that's why Momma signed me up for piano.

Hard as a rock!
Lila

2 comments:

Jae said...

There's just some places certain people shouldn't go. Sounds like yours is outside the house!!! LOL. And you drive a car, right? LOL!!! So glad it wasn't *really* serious, you might have had to, like, go to that new place called the E-M-E-R-G-E-N-C-Y
R-O-O-M!
Love ya, Grace. :)

Trish said...

Aww, that sounds like it hurt! I hope you are feeling okay. Head injuries are brutal.