Friday, August 8, 2008

Caroline's Home!!!!

I've missed our Care so much this summer. Vann went out to get her from Atlanta (she had stopped there to visit some friends) and they took a two day trip to get home. I think it was a way to have a daddy/daughter trip. So thankful they did that, really.

I just can't get enough hugging in. When we joined hands to pray over dinner Care commented that she didn't think I'd ever held her hand that tight. She may be right!

I told her to not EVER do that (go away for 3 months) again, but of course, I hope she will. Why? She grew so much this summer. God showed her amazing things and I can't wait to hear about every single thing.

God is so faithful and is raising up Care in his love and his ways. When others tell us we've done a good job with our children, Vann and I truly scratch our heads...not in false modesty, but in all truth. You see, we know how human we are and how MANY mistakes we made. I'm just thankful that God is our children's daddy and is covering them with his love and grace.

Thank you, Father, for bringing our Care and Vann back safely to us today. What a beautiful gift.

Oh, and tomorrow morning at 6:30, it's garage sale-ing time! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!

Still grinning,
Lila

2 comments:

Tammy M. said...

So glad that "Care" made it back safe, glad that Vann was able to spend that time with her. Happy homecoming.

Vann said...

I am so glad our youngest is home... and I'm so thankful for the wonderful, spiritually maturing summer she had at Harpeth Hills. I am tremendously blessed by the Conwell women!