Saturday, August 30, 2008

Time with my Sweetie

Vann took me to Dallas (Frisco) for my birthday. This was the big _-O! We had such a great time. We stayed at the nicest Hampton I've ever been in (and we've been in a lot of them). We ate at La Hacienda Ranch last night. I wanted him to experience that. Two or three years ago Donna and Judy and I went there and the salsa was so great! We commented that we wanted to take it home with us and drink it for our breakfast juice the next morning. It was a little spicier than I remember. (Or maybe I just can't take the heat anymore since I'm _-O. We ate at a great little BBQ place today.

We got to shop at TJ Maxx, one of my favorite stores and Vann shopped at the mall. I got some Michael Kors black flats that reminded me of my most favorite shoes that I almost had in 4th grade. They were black patent flats with the t-straps. I remember I got the shoes home (in 4th grade and tried them on and one of the straps was broken! We drove back to the mall that night to exchange them...and it was a long way. They didn't have my size. sigh. Guess it's kind of weird to still kind of be grieving some shoes I almost had almost _-O years ago.

But my real birthday gift, other than this precious trip, was that I got some of the most comfortable Naot shoes at the Walking Store in the mall. A couple of my friends have them and say they love them. I do, too. I think I'll sleep in them tonight. :)




Thank you, Vann, for a wonderful trip. You're even more fun to be with now that we are over _-O!




Blessed,
Lila

5 comments:

Tammy M. said...

happy _0th Birthday!!!

Tammy M. said...

by the way you don't look a day over _0.

Suzanne said...

Happy happy happy birthday!

AbbieCRAZY said...

OH MY! I just figured out that you're like my friend, Amy!! Do you remember everything you ate that day in the fourth grade?! She remembers stuff like that, too....

I'm a little amazed.

I like the shoes-I think I've almost reached _0......

Roxanne said...

I'm so sorry that I never responded to your message. When I got home I had missed the opportunity to meet ya'll.I'd love to get together, and I'm sure there will be an opportunity! At the moment, the weekly trips to Midland and hubby's job are keeping me swamped. If you see the red truck at my house please feel free to drop in! Please don't give up on me!