Friday, December 12, 2008

Life is Full of Surprises


It's all what you do with them. It's interesting. The cat is the only one who looks a little happy. Don't you know the child under the cat was a little surprised when the cat landed on their head? tee hee!

When I was in my 30's I looked up to several Godly women. The problem was, the women I looked up to had been through some really tough times. I wanted to be like them. I just didn't want to have to go through bad things to be as wonderful as they were.

Can you relate? I think I want to be like our son, Serge, "when I grow up" but do I want to go through a genocide and struggle for my life? No. I don't think so.

I asked one of these ladies one day how she had gotten through some of her tough situations. Her husband had been in prison for raping a woman. She contended he was innocent. She looked me in the eye and paused and said, "Susan, what choice did I have but to just get through it?"

Exactly. One foot in front of the other.

Helen Keller said, "Life is either a daring adventure...or nothing." I really like that as long as the adventure is something fun and something I have the illusion of controlling.

Giving up control...again,
Lila

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I can so totally relate.

I think that we can compare many of our difficult times to birthing a child; you have to go through the pain of childbirth to get to the joy of holding the child. At least that's the way it seems to me.

I've been through an awful lot in my life, but when I'm in the right place with God I can see how He is using what I've been through to further His kingdom. Would I have chosen to go through those things? Not a chance. Do I end up feeling the blessing of having gone through them (most of the time)? Absolutely!!

I love reading about how you have such a longing to be who the Lord wants you to be!

Praying Gods amazing blessings on you today!